Ronaldo speaks of "great harm" on the rape case


Cristiano Ronaldo, an Italian Juventus player in an interview with France Football magazine, said on Monday that the rape charge was damaging his personal life.
Ronaldo has denied any wrongdoing during the dialogue, which has been excerpted, and the full interview is expected to be published in the French weekly magazine Tuesday.

I have a partner and four children, an elderly mother, sisters, a brother and a family I am very close to, "said the 33-year-old Ronaldo.

Katherine Mayorga filed a civil lawsuit last month in Nevada, accusing Ronaldo of raping her in a hotel room in Las Vegas in 2009, and police also reopened the investigation at her request.

Ronaldo, who plays for Juventus and plays for Portugal, has scored four goals in four Serie A games since being charged with rape last month.

"I know who I am and what I did, the truth will emerge as daylight," he said in the last interview.