Trump "Shaker for himself" on Thanksgiving


WASHINGTON (Reuters) - US President Donald Trump has rekindled controversy when asked about what he would like to thank for Thanksgiving, saying he was "thankful for himself."
During the Thanksgiving celebration, Trump answered a question about "the most thankful thing for him", saying: "I am grateful for having a wonderful family with me and because I have made a huge difference in this country."

"I made a big difference in the country," he said. "This country is much stronger than I was when I took office.

The Daily Mail newspaper said Trump spent his vacation talking to US soldiers, visiting the local coast guard station and then heading to the Trump International Golf Course.

The American president had dinner with his family in a dance hall at his resort in Mar Lago.

The Trump table included his wife Melania, his son Barron, his daughters Tiffany and Ivanka, her children, his son Eric and his wife Lara.

The turkey was prepared in addition to salad and a number of seafood, potatoes and desserts.